Sunday, March 23, 2008

SORTED

Right! There's that done. On Friday I took my stupid stubborn pressure sore to the clinic and decided to try leaving it open to the air until today. I made it until 2000 or so, then had to put some Polidine cream on it as was hurting, I mean, really hurting. Somehow I got through the weekend and when we took off the mini dressing I'd put on it was actually a little better. There is now a new antibiotic patch on it, and the solution to keeping it off the mattress was on the ramp when I got home in the form of two blosters. The wedge shaped one looks like one that will do the trick.
After the clinic I went to see if Shmaryah had the money he owed me for using the toll hiway and he did! Then, on the way home I stopped in at the butcher to explain why I can't pay the bill this month, but that I will, even if it's only a couple hundred a month. The boss lady was just fine with that. She knows that I will pay and she knows Orna which helped her understand why I can't pay yet. They are so good to me there, and never once asked when I'd pay because they know I will and that if there's a problem they are great about not pestering me about it.
When I got home there were two bolsters on Harley Too that look like they just might do the trick and keep the ankle up. I'll get them sorted by the time the World Championship Gala comes on at 1500.
Was that ever a competition. I was glued to the screen. The results were pretty much what I expected and with our dance team in the top 10, we'll be able to send another couple next year, if we have one. We didn't do so well in Pairs, Ladies, and Men's, but that was only to be expected.
I was thrilled with the results in Men's. France's Brian Joubert (who I dislike only because he reminds me of Tom Cruise) lost his crown to Canada's Jeffrey Buttle, which was just fine with me, and America's Johnny Weir took bronze. I had been hoping for a better finish for Thomas Verner, but it wasn't to be. Oh well. I did notice something worth commenting on about some of the coaches. A few of the Russian coaches were down right mean to their skaters who did poorly, almost as if the poor skater skated badly on purpose. One even went so far as to sit as far from his competitor as possible in the Kiss and Cry while waiting for the results. Most if not all of the American and European coaches were right there for their skater's with a hug and words of encouragement. It was so obvious that it just seemed worth mentioning. All in all it was a wonderful competition even if I did cry more this year than any other. I so desperately want to be on the ice again and have that wonderful feeling of being where I belong again. Damn this useless wreck of a body.
I don't know how it happened, but I've become a major fan of Ice Dancers Delobel and Shoenfelder. I even had a dream about skating with him. I also went wild over The Brit's Original and Free Dances and think they should have finished higher than 8th place. They were that good.
It's interesting to watch the new crop of contenders work their way up the ranks. By next year some of the national champs who were too young to compete as Seniors this year will be making their presence felt next year. The excitement and wonder of the big competitions never changes for me, just the names and faces of the competitors. I love it so much.
Other than that, not much else is new except that I did get my car insurance paid and made new appointments for the stuff for that sorted.
Dem Der might be down later to take some more of his stuff out. He really does have to get it all out of here soon.
I think it's time to get the cushions sorted and make something with the ground beef before it goes bad, then settle in for the gala.
The Gimp of Purple is now officially back to what passes for her as normal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure sounds like the Gimp was in heaven for awhile with the skating events.

And now with your new plan of attack for the Orna creature, you'll be even happier.

At least dem der is gone. Hurray!!

Purplegimp said...

There's just something so magical about a well skated program.

My new Anti Orna plan has me grinning with great evility and anticipation.

AND BEST OF ALL DEM DER IS GONE!