Tuesday, December 22, 2009

IT TOOK LONG ENOUGH

I've only been talking about it since the day I found that the jammy bottoms my son's sister left in her closet here fit me now! I came up with more excuses than usual to not have a picture taken in them. I really really don't like most(ok, all) of the pictures I've had taken over the past 11 or so years. Then, I decided to just get it over with and handed the camera to Golan last night and told him to shoot me. He did, and I actually am quite pleased with the way I look in them! Right. Now, you tell me how I look 60 lbs lighter.

See how much room there is in the legs? And never mind the chins. I also don't really want to talk about how much it hurt to force myself to stand up straight. Back when I was young, beautiful and able to walk, I had very good posture, but, now that my spine is distegrating, I'm kind of bent over when I stand up. I figured this out from the pictures I posted yesterday.The original plan for these jammy pictures was to have Pegasus in them too, but he wasn't having any of it and plopped himself down on the floor to my right. He's getting almost as good as I am at hiding from cameras. Smart doggy
Nothing much of any note happened yesterday, and here we are at Tuesday, waiting to see who/if anyone shows up for the weekly cleaning hour The kitchen is in pretty good shape for a change, so, I think we'll do the 'pantry' instead of dishes and stove top before we do the floor. Or, maybe, change the bed. I have about half an hour to cogitate on the international implications of the options!

6 comments:

Peppermint said...

Once again another lovely picture of yourself in those jammies. And the pants are too big!! By gosh woman, you are shrinking every day more and more.

It was nice of your daughter to give them to you. They are pretty and you said they are nice and warm too. Nothing like cozy jammies to lounge in.

I hope your cleaning lady fiasco sorts itself out, but in the meantime make yourself rest. You've been through an awful lot lately. And I hope that foot gets better real fast because I know how you love to gallivant around the universe.

Purplegimp said...

St. Gracie,
And they are getting bigger by the day! The big secret is that there is another pair of similar jammies from the same source that are one size smaller. The only problem is that they are pink (yech). I figure I'll be waring them in a week or so. THey are so nice and warm with the fuzzy lining and so satiny smooth that just just slip along the sheet and don't pull it every wich way like night clothes that have more friction.
The new cleaning arrived a little late, but at least she showed up. In the end we changed the bed and she did the floor. And now I have a mountain of stuff to wash in the sink that rivals the amount from the broken counter pile. I will get to them today, bed rest or no bed rest. Who can rest properly with something like that waiting?

Unknown said...

Nice Jammies . I hope you had a nice Christmas however you celebrate or don't and you're looking good

Purplegimp said...

Thanks, Susie.
I never in a million years thought that I'd be able to wear those jammies. And I did my usual Christmas day thing and called Alice. A post on that will be coming soon.

The Crawfish said...

Lookin' good, Lucy.

Purplegimp said...

Cheers! Craw,
It was a long road paved with much pain and barf, but, The Great Coumadin Diet worked for me.