Sunday, May 03, 2009

NEVER MIND THE NAKED CHEF


Now we have the naked dog! Poor Pegasus hasn't had a bath or hair cut for at least two years. I made an appointment for him to get beautified today, and we just got back from the two things he hates most in the world. A car ride and bath/shave. The first thing we did when he came down all hairless was to go get him an ice cream cone at McDonald's, as promised. He scarfed it right down and is now recovering on the living room floor.
Before and after pictures.


They are the same dog! Golan had to help me get him in the car, and again, to get him out. He laughed at poor nakey Peg until I told Peg to just ignore him because he's jealous! At least now there won't be huge fur balls all over the house for a good long time, and he won't get mess stuck in his rear skirts.
I am feeling much better these days, but this little excursion kind of tired me out a little. Not that I had to much of anything except drive and wait, but, I'm still not quitte back to full strenhth. I'm getting there, but, still have a way to go.
I really don't know how it happened, but, for the first time in my adult life I made a stew that was edible. I've never managed to do that before, but, did make a pretty good one on Friday. Just a few chunks of beef, onions,garlic, carrots, potatoes, salt and pepper. It was quite good. Maybe for my next trick, I'll figure out how to cook rice! That will have to wait for a few days. I'm not up to the ultimate culinary challege quite yet.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you left him a souvenir on the tip of his tail, which will keep him more than busy.
Jeff B

Purplegimp said...

Considering that Pegasus has been with me for almost 20 years, I doubt he'll be paying much attention to his pompom. He wasn't quite a year old when we found each other.

Anonymous said...

Rice is easy!!!

Just by the boil in a bag type!!!

Glad to hear your getting back to wondering again.

Flame

Purplegimp said...

That's what I did when I lived over here! Thing about rice in a bag is that it has to be sold where you live for it to work. It isn't available here!
It's good to be wondering again.
Thanks!

Peppermint said...

Peg is adorable with or without hair. I think he's a doll baby!

Now the secret to making rice right, is you boil the water with the rice, then turn down the heat to low and let it steam. You'll get perfect rice every time.

And I would recommend basmati or jasmine rice. Healthier and you use less since it gives something like 3x the amount of regular old white rice and has a wonderful taste.

Also for my beef stews after browning the meat good with the flour, I add a can of beef broth and a package of onion soup. You come out with a fabulous tasting gravy if you like that over your veggies and meat.

Well enuff of Pep's cooking show.

Purplegimp said...

Yeah, Peg is a doll, with or without hair!
Sorry, but you are dead wrong about cooking rice. The best way to cook rice is to get someone else to make it.
After so many years of unmitigated rice disasters, I will never ever try making it again,
At least I got the stew figured out!

Raymurdock said...

Franne Peg is so cute I bet he as sweet as he is cute. Rice to me is in between depending on my mood but I never cook it on the stove I do the lazy way mircowave. I had a nice birthday

Susie

Purplegimp said...

Thanks, Susie. Peg is a sweetheart. He's the best.
The very best way in the whole known and unknown universe to make rice is to have someone else do it.
We don't have nukable rice or the kind you just boil in a bag with lots of holes. If we did I'd be all set.