Wednesday, May 06, 2009

THE RESCUE CREW IS BACK

I was happily sitting on the edge of my bed yesterday morning when McGyver, (Alberto) yelled from outside for me to get my butt in gear, we have workd to do! Someone had called him to tell him that there was a scooter that needed rescuing. While I was getting dressed, he went to get to get Moshe to join the rescue party.
The scooter in question had broken down on the street behind his house, which is a good 20 minute scoot from here. Moshe loaded his tool box onto his scooter, and off we went. When we arrived, we were faced with the oldest scooter any of us had ever seen. After a quick check we realized that there was no hope that it would ever run again. McGyver called the owner and so informed him. We got his permission to take the batteries and charger, and any other parts we might want. The batteries were not new. Well, they were new in 2007. We removed them and transported them to Mc's house, where he got the charger running. We'll know later today if the batteries are salvagable.
When his kids got home from school we all had a lovely lunch of couscous. It was great fun to be back in business again.
Mc is getting a new van soon and offered me his wheely lift box contraption. We call them Gottliebs after the company that makes and installs them.

He is now trying to get the company to give me a better price to install it. It was given to him, and he is giving it to me. All I have to do is come up with enough money to have it installed. We could probably do it ourselves, but, it really is a better idea to get it done by experts. With any luck, we'll get it done next week. He, Moshe, Golan and I are planning on going together and making a day of it.
That Gottlieb will give me a whole new level of independence. The wheely now lives in the trunk and I simply can not manage it on my own any more. That means that I have to have someone go with me whenever I go to one of my out of town doctors, or any place else. With the Gottlieb, I'll be able to have the wheely come down and go back up from right next to the driver's door! Won't that be loverly?

6 comments:

Peppermint said...

Lucie,

That is indeed loverly and I must say there is never a dull moment around Gimp House. Watch that foot now. You evil witch. hee hee

Purplegimp said...

It's great to be back in action. And the surgeon says the burn is getting better. Yeah, so, why did it hurt all night?

Purplegimp said...

Dull? At Gimp House? I don't think so.

jeanie said...

id make an offer to come but am short on vacation. lol

Purplegimp said...

Jeanie,
So start saving up holiday time. You were supposed to be here a year and a hald ago! You are needed.

Raymurdock said...

Hey Franne

Hope thinks are cool with you.