Saturday, April 18, 2009

DID IT AGAIN

I don't know what's wrong with my doctor. He almost killed me again. If I were the paranoid type, I'd think it was on purpose.
I'd been feeling really bad since March 2. The bout of food poisoning that started then was just a trigger for what came later. I kept trying to figure out what the problem was and finally realized that it was the rat poison Coumadin! I decided that enough was enough and got myself hauled off to hospital very late on Monday night. The ER doc stated that it could not possibly be the Coumadin, and the doc on the floor stated unequivacably that it was that I sometimes take a few of my meds without eating. Then, the blood work came back! It was indeed the Coumadin. So much for those two residents. The fun part came on Tuesa=day night when I got my revenge on that ward which was the very one that had treated me so badly when I had my stroke in 1998. This part is more than a little gross, but, I quite enjoyed it as it put a screeching halt to that stupid resident trying to send me home!I was hit by the most urgent need to get to the bog, but didn't quite make it. I managed to fill my jammy bottoms with a mess worthy of, well, me, and leave not a little of it on the floor. They washed me up and tucked me into a nice clean bed in another room. I had no sooner settled in when the urge struck again and I raced for the bog, again just seconds too late. There I sat, surrounded by a huge puddle of mess on the floor while I filled the bog to overflowing. Dem Der called to see how I was doing, and I had to ask him to the nurses to rescue me as I was flooded in. I so wish I had thought to take a picture of the nurse's face when he opened the door! He raced off to get three other nurses to get me out of there. My last view of the bathroom as they backed me out was truly insane. Who would have thought you could fill a toilet to overflowing? Well, I did. In fact it looked like someone had set off a poop bomb in there. It was everywhere. The toilet was not only full, it was coated on the outside as well, and the floor. The nurses got me cleaned up again and put me in a nice lilac colored Depends. I must say that it was a most satisfying revenge on those same people who were so mean in 1998. I did feel bad for the guy who had to clean it up. None of it was his fault.
That was when they decided that it was indeed the Coumadin and because there was some blood in the sample they sent off, it was decided to stick a tube down my throat to empty my stomach to see if there was any blood there which might indicate that idiot resident was right too. Not a drop. So much for her. They started giving something IV that would bring down the poisonous levels of the rat poison, and sent me off for an abdominal ultra sound, which showed a gall stone that had nothing to do with any of it.They srung me on Thursday afternoon with a whole list of things to do and not do, and tests to have as and when. Now, I'm happily at home and savoring the happy memories of getting my own back at those horrid people! Maybe the next time they'll take me a little more seriously when I tell them someting. That was just the highlight of the week. There were lots of little triumphs as well. But, I'm home now and feeling better. No more nausea and on Monday my doc and I will sit down and redo all my meds as they added three more to the list. But no more rat poison! And no more late night barfing after taking that blasted Coumadin.

10 comments:

Raymurdock said...

Well I'm glad I wasn't there to see the mess but I'm glad you got you revenge and that you are doing better.

Susie

Jeanie said...

ATTA Gimp! I knew you had it in you...excuse the pun lol! Take care of yourself and next time make sure you bring a purple raft with ya, I'd hate to think of you up.... creek.

Purplegimp said...

Thanks, Susie. I'm glad you missed it too, but those nurses sure do wish they had missed it.
It was truly spectacular and a stellar monent in my life.

Purplegimp said...

Jeanie,
Yes, I did indeed have it in me! If not for the misery I would have enjoyed the whole thing a lot more.
There will be no next time for that hospital. No way am I ever going back there!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOHHH Gawd! I couldn't decide whether to laugh or vomit!! The pictures you painted were too much!
Reminded me of when I worked in a nursing home for a short time and one little man with no legs went all over the bed and himself. His hands and fingernails were covered so it was obvious he had been playing in it. And I had to clear up the whole thing!! I can sure sympathize with the crew that had to clean but I appreciate the fact that it was Pay-back time!!
ROFLMAO
Sure happy you are home and feeling better!! So now behave!!
Hugggggggggggggggg Marge

Purplegimp said...

Thanks, Marge! It's great to be home and almost free of the last remnants of that poison. It's taking a long time to get my strength back, but it's coming.

Anonymous said...

OK!!! I'll be watching to see you get back to normal again!
Best of luck and good wishes!
Big huggggggggg M

Purplegimp said...

Me? Normal? Not by a long shot! I just want to get back to my own usual self.
It will take a while before I get back posting regularly.
I go out in the morning to do a few errands, come back completely knackered and crash to rest.
But I'm working on it.

The Crawfish said...

Lordy, Gimpy! Poop bombs and overflowing toilets? That's worse than I've ever had. About 9 times since I came into the Navy, I've had it all night with the first 5 minutes of each hour sitting on the pot and leaning over the sink at once with maximum flow from both ends, followed by about 55 minutes of regaining strength for the next round. The first time was while I was driving from Texas to the Seattle area by myself. Couldn't eat a solid meal for a week. Weakness, dehydration, and stomach upset while driving long distances ain't fun. A couple of times, I got hooked up to IV bottles and got 3-5 bags of saline to overcome the dehydration.

Purplegimp said...

Craw,
It sounds like you had serious issues with dehydration. No fun, that. But, it doesn't hold a candle to rat poison poisoning. That elevates things to a whole new level. Thankfully it's all 'behind' me now, and I'm slowly getting my strength back.