Saturday, June 28, 2008

LOSING IT AGAIN

I was just fine yesterday, sore, but fine. I even knew what day it was from the moment I woke up! What happened overnight that caused me to wake up KNOWING it was Sunday? It wasn't at all like the days I wake up and have to use the TV to check the day, or that period of time when every day was Thursday. Not at all like that. I new beyond doubt that it was Sunday. I was on the verge of calling that idiot newspaper for not delivering it today, and thought about calling the Albertos to set a time to meet,(one of them doesn't answer the phone on Saturday), and started a list for the grocery store. Then Golan arrived and said something about Saturday. I just looked at him in utter disbelief, but, checked on the computer when he insisted. You don't suppose that little trip in the sun fried my brain? I got a pretty bad case of the giggles at the thought of going all the way to my grocery store only to find it closed. Ynet, the major electronic newspaper ran another big article about the demonstration in Jerusalem and linked our attempt to join them as well. At least they are getting some coverage now, and it should continue as we plan our next expedition. I'm quite proud of what we managed, even if we were stopped part way there. It was still quite an accomplishment, if I do say so myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. I had to put my brain into fast gear wondering if I had totally missed Sat and it was really Sunday. But, I see now your brain was fried indeed but for such a good cause.

You should be proud of yourself and when is Bibi calling?

Love ya, Pep

Anonymous said...

Babe, you are the greatest! Fantastic effort!
I am going to York ME for a week so I will have to catch up with progress when I get back.
I'll kiss the shoreline for you!
hugggggggggg Marge

Purplegimp said...

Pepp,
It's the weirdest feeling isn't it? I KNEW beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was Sunday yesterday. But, thankfully, I woke up ok today and it *is* Sunday!
As to when is Bibi calling? You'll have to ask him!

Purplegimp said...

Marge,
Thanks for the kind words. I felt like I'd taken the scooter all the way to Maine to and back.
You have a great time in York. I wish I could be there too, but someone has to stay here and stir the pot.
I'll be waiting for details.