Friday, August 07, 2009

MY POOR SINK

Knowing perfectly well that no one would believe me if I just described the state of my kitchen sink, I decided to proof of what I am about to write.




Right. My kitchen was designed for me to be comfortable working in it. Small as it is, everything is within easy reach. I love my wee tiny kitchen. Thing is, it is now full of things that need to be washed. We have lots and lots of tiny little earthquakes which cause the marble counters to crack because they are jammed into the walls on both ends and have absolutely no room to flex, even if marble could flex. A triangular piece broke off the other day. I've been trying to get the housing authority to sort it for close on to a year. They came to look at it once, except for the one who has to see it and approve the replacement. My dishes, pots and pans have piled up because the quakes made the pipes loose around the joints which caused the water to spray out of all the joints.
Yesterday the fix it man of our gimp community came around and changed the pipes to a newfangled flex pipe. Now I can wash the dishes, if I ever stop procastinating!
'After' pictures will follow.

4 comments:

Peppermint said...

Oh good grief, Purplegimp. What a mess. I cannot imagine cleaning that up after things were fixed. Yikes.

Purplegimp said...

It only took an hour and a half, and I was soaked from head to foot. But I did get it done!

Unknown said...

I think you did a great job. So how's about you jump om a plane and do my kitchen sink? LOL My sink is almost like that but not bye a quake unless you think of my cats as quake.

Purplegimp said...

I'd love to hop a plane and come do your dishes. At least you don't have an earthquake fault line right under your house like I do! We had another small one yesterday. In fact the ground around here moves often!