Friday, January 30, 2009

INEXPLICABLE STRANGE MOOD

Strange moods and I are not exactly strangers to each other. What is odd about this one is that I don't feel much writing lately, and that is odd in the extreme. I usually find myself burning to write; either here, or in my notebook. The last couple of weeks I just haven't had the slightest itch to put pen to paper. I have had thoughts chacing themselves around what passes for my mind lately. I have also had a several 'light bulb' moments, the best of which has since been forgotten. The other one is going to be passed on to someone else to use as it doesn't quite fit in with the subject of the blog at the other site, and it's too good to not use.
No, I am not depressed, just been thinking about things. Good things, in fact, I think.
I spent most of last week in Helsinki via Eurosport watching the European Figure Skating Championships and enjoyed evrey minute. Watching skating usually transports me back to my childhood as well as to the venue of the competition. And that usually gets me to thinking of what a wonderful childhood I was blessed to have had. And that leads me to thinking about what a great life I've had, and how few regrets.
I ran into one of my fellow gimps this week and he asked how I can be cheerful and happy all the time. I tried to explain that I kind of see my life as a soap opera and it's fun waking up to see what the next chapter will bring. That's the closest analogy I can come up with. I'm one of those lucky people who doesn't usually have expectations from any thing. That way I'm not often disappointed. Things turn out as they turn out and are dealt with on a basis of One Bridge at a Time. Every day brings something new.
I might be a raving head case, but I'm having a great time here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it does not last. I also hope it is not a burnout.

xpressit jb

Purplegimp said...

Thanks. I hope it's just that so many things are chacing themselves around in my head lately that coherence is hard to find. And I'm busy with so many things that time is hard to find.