Sunday, January 04, 2009

I'M READY

The Iranians took great pleasure in announcing yesterday that if we go into Gaza on the ground, my old friends the hizzbullies will start shooting at us. Fine, says I. I'm ready for anything they can throw our way. I have fags, water, food, and meds. What else do I need? Oh, and a full tank. Not that I plan to go anywhere when the shooting starts up here, but a full tank is always good.
I went to the clinic for a blood letting and the possibility of the hizzies horning in on the act has everyone on edge. Maybe they'll figure that's enough and not shoot hoping to drive us all nuts. With them, you never can tell. Whatever. I'm ready. I do feel bad for the people from Sderot, Ashkelon and other places within range of the the Gza rockets who came up here to be safe, only to find themselves facing even bigger rockets. That really sucks.
I figured out why the patches I was using on the burn hurt so much. I ended up tearing one off in major pain and replacing it with an antibiotic cream at 0330. When I saw the surgeon on Wednesday we told him that the patches were too painful and that I want the other stuff. He gave a prescription for 3 tubes. The first time I used it, the pain came back right away and a light bulb went off in my head. I saw that patches have a petroleum ingredient, and so does the ointment version of the cream. I switched the ointment for the cream, and no pain! And just for fun, there is now some kind of cut on the far left side of that foot. I have no idea where it came from and as I am no longer a rubber girl, I can't see it. I'll have the nurse look at it tomorrow. It doesn't seem to be too bad, just annoying when I rip the burn bandage off and open it up a little.

No comments: