Thursday, April 01, 2010

THE DAY AFTER

On the day after the Seder it is traditional that all those who were at the Seder, gather for the noon meal. I was instructed to show up at around 1130, but as I didn't wake up until after 1200, I was a little late. They were ok with that because I did get there in the end. The boys were having a discussion on certain aspects of Jewish law concerning lighting 'fire' on the Sabbath and holidays, and were foolish enough to ask for my opinion on the subject. I was wise enough not to allow myself to be dragged into that one. Then, Savta and I got into a similar discussion that rapidly deteriorated into an emphatic exchange of "Yes" and "No" between us, much like little children. After one of my more emphatic "Nos" I stopped and told the 'boys' to pay close attention to how two grown adults have a serious discussion. At that, we all laughed until we almost cried.
Lunch was left overs from the night before, and every bit as good, maybe even better. I was starting to get sleepy, so I left early. After a nap, I was ready yo play WoW and stayed on playing until close to 0400. I woke up a little late and ran out to get two prescriptions filled that had run out. One was my oxy and I sure did need it. I had been using left overs from one I'd tried before giving up and going over to oxy. I made another cup of coffee to try and stay awake, but got hit by the sleepy sleepies real hard and gave in and had a four hor nap, after which, I had another coffee which didn't help at all, and I was back in bed asleep by 1900, and was woken up at 2230 by Golan taking Peg out. We chatted for a few minutes and I just drifted off to sleep again. I'm not sure what exactly caused that attack of the sleepy sleepies, but suspect that it was a combination of the late nights and taking a double dose of those pain pills. I'm a little better this morning, but still somewhat drowsy. Be that as it may; I'm now going to bring Peg in, then head up to Savta's. It's way too nice a day to not go out and enjoy it.
I have a request. Would any of my classmates who read this, please leave a comment so I'll know who it is? I have a hit meter and have gotten several from Brunswick. I'd really like to know who it was. Whoever you are, I am pleased that you interested enough to stop by and read what I've written. That's what a blog is for after all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Franne,

This is Susan Saveikonis from class of 1970. I was looking at the web site that Mark built and saw the link to your blog. I am still in Maine and have been in the area since high school. Where did those 40 years go?

I don't know if you remember me but I certainly remember you. And one of the things I remember is a few of us skipping school and you "borrowing" your Dad's car to take us for a spin. Funny - so much of the high school days are a blur to me now but I do remember that.

My email is: ssaveikonis@realtyresourcesgroup.com

Purplegimp said...

Well, of course I remember you! I even remember 'borrowing' Dad's car, even though it was more likely Mom's, if it was before I got my license. After I got it. all bets are off. Could that have been our Senior Skip Day? I associate that with an illicit trip to the beach, Popham, I think. I'm just thrilled to hear from you, and have already sent you an e mail.
We did have a special class in so many ways. And Mark's site for us is just one example of the great kids we were blessed to have as classmates.