Monday, October 12, 2009

I SUPPOSE I SHOULD BE HAPPY....BUT

After making an inept attempt at repairing my Windows operating system, and making a right mess of it, and getting the sweetest techie from the cable company in to fix my non working cable phone, my computer decided to pack it in. I'm still not quite sure what all was wrong with it, so I did the smart thing and got my geek in. He set up the laptop and I got it connected to the interweb, and off this one went in brand new Chevy ambulance to the Kiryat Shmonah Computer Hospital. There was a knock on the door at a little after noon and the computer was home and declared cured of all ills, viral and otherwise. Again I got it connected to the interweb, and started downloading all my stuff, like Firefox and Thunderbird. Thunderbird refuses to work correctly. It receives mail but cannot send. A very sweet guy from my server tried for ages by remote to get it to send, but it was stubborn in it's refusal. In the end we did get the detested Outlook Express to both send and receive. Now all I have to do is try and remember everyone's e addys. Yeah, right. I do have a pretty good memory of what my usual downloads were and have started rebuilding my favorites list. It should be finished in 10 years or so. It's going to be a long long night.
Susie, please, send me those stories again.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Franne

I send the stories to you I hope you got them. I ask you to let me know sometimes they don't go through. Any way glad you are happy with you home.

Unknown said...

Hi Franne

I did as you requested send you my stories again but I have no way of knowing if you got them. Please let me know one way or another have a great day and take care

Purplegimp said...

Sודןקת
I lost all my e daddys from the old computer, and this looks like the only way I can get to you right now. I did get the stories, but could,t open them.
If you send me a mail to my regular addy, I'll write right back and tell you all about it.

Unknown said...

Okay but I need your email I'm not sure if I got the right one. If you can't open them I might have to send them straight threw the email

Purplegimp said...

Susie,
It's the same old one! purplegimp@013.net
It should be on if you send them as atachments in Word or Open Office.
Thanks, sweety.

Unknown said...

I send them by cutting and pasting .