Sunday, September 20, 2009

SO TIRED

I guess it could really only happen to me! And, yes, I should have known better than to go to a demonstration in Jerusalem and go home on the same day. That only lead to more DVT fun and a week long hospitalization.
It was one of the lest pleasant hospital stays I've had to date. I studidly forgot to take my wheely cushion, which meant that I needed help to get up from the wheely. And I mean every time, including getting up from it to get into bed, go to the loo, and any other reason I had to go from sitting to sitting or lying on anything else. That was not pleasant.
The Clexane shots in the gut didn't start bothering me until I got home, and boy oh boy did it ever hurt. Still does a little. But, it's slowly getting better. Getting the shots is no big deal. They don't hurt at the time at all. But, then, shots and I are old friends and needles don't bother me in the least.
When I finally got home, I started to feel a lot better. No Place Like Home Syndrome. It's taken 5 days for the DVT caused swelling in both legs to finally go down. I stayed in bed most of the time, only coming to the computer when I had to get up to pee, and then, I only ripped through e mail at warp speed.
Today I am feeling much better in general. I went to sleep very late, then was woken up by a call from Dem Der at noon which I wasn't quick enough to answer. Then, I got a text from him, to which I replied "Thanks for waking me up. NOT." I promptly went back to sleep and woke up at 1715, with much less swelling and almost no pain in my feet. This is good.
They've got me back on coumadin and so far so good. Two of the factors that caused all the trouble before are gone, so, I'm hopeful that this time it will be ok.
The down side is that long trips are pretty much out the question for now. But that's ok because at this point I really don't feel like going anywhere farther from home than the clinic.

No comments: