Monday, September 01, 2008

TIME HAS A WAY OF ESCAPING

It has been difficult to sit here for any length of time with my burned feet on the floor, so, I haven't.
It's been way too long since I posted here and it's all my very own fault. There's also the minor fact that head has been pretty much in the clouds over a personal issue that I am not ready to write about here just now. Maybe one day, maybe never.
I still haven't finished writing about the trip but that will have to wait for another day.
I've been busy trying to see how many stupid things I can do in day. On Saturday, just as I was about to a dress on to go out for a few minutes, my upstairs neighbor knocked on the door. I told her "Just a Minute" and tried to hurry with the dress. I managed to get my head through an armhole and both arms through the neck. Trust me. That doesn't work. Then I had to get out of that predicament. Good thing I have strong teeth and an inclination towards rubber joints. I got out of, then into said dress, and opened the door. After bringing the plate, (my neighbor likes to bring me Shabbat lunch) I went off for my little jaunt and came home to rest my foot.
Both nurses from my clinic were away for the week and the substitute nurse was less than usseless. She argued with evrything I told her to do and just went ahead and did things her way wich left me with oddly colored patches of stuff growing on the left foot burn. I wanted her to take all that gunk off but she refused, so, there I was hobbling around with a potentially lucrative patch of something quite foul on my foot. Today MY nurse was back and she very carefully picked all that gunk off and that burn is pretty much back to beginning healing wise.
The Five are having a big to do tomorrow night at Hezi's and I can't wait.
What is this nonesense? We were inseperable for 11 days........
I'll get back to trip next time. Lots of anecdotes. I promise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

About time you got on here!! sheesh it's your foot that is a problem, not your hands! :-))))
Glad to hear your foot is healing. you really did a job on it.
we have a line of hurricanes headed for us so times are a little tense. and we won't know for days whether one will hit here.
Hope the "big do" was a success.
I suppose you all are planning your next attack!
Take care, Marge

Purplegimp said...

Right you are! My foot was and still is the major problem. It kept me away from the computer because I was supposed to keep it up and that can't be done here.
We are indeed busy planning our next move, so, I'm out a lot.
Our little scoot to Jerusalem was a bigger success in some ways than we dreamed was possible!

Anonymous said...

OH happy to hear that!! Would love to be there to see it all!
Only Ike here to make life exciting..otherwise all calm.
Heading to NH Oct 1 and then to Dallas Oct 5 , then home again. Visiting all kids. :-)
take care and
keep healing!!
Marge
excuse me if this comes through twice!